With the simplicity of Amaranth (you only make three choices), this is not a complicated walkthrough. I’ll still provide it, however, for double checks. See below for fun information about the game and it’s production.
There are three endings: home, heart, and head (unlockable).
You just need to select 2/3 “home” or “heart” options to get that ending.
Head unlocks after completing home and heart, and comes with two extended scenes.
“You know what? You’re right.” +heart
“I just really need a good walk.” +home
“I think I’ll stay.” +heart
“So what if I do?”+heart
“I haven’t made up my mind.” +home
You must make both these selections when they unlock for you to get the third ending.
“Get a little more comfortable”
“I didn’t know that I wanted to share her.”
Fun Facts and Information
- Amaranth is set in the same universe as my audio drama Ollie and Molly and short story collection Latolan. The world feature in the “head” ending is the same as the one in Latolan.
- The two extra actors I borrowed for this were in Ollie and Molly (Rachael as Molly and Dan as Chuck Brunkus and the music composer)
- A store in the city background contains the Traditional Even writing for the number 26.
- The painting on the wall of the restaurant is a watercolor of a yokai I painted a few years ago.
- Three of the main cast (Amy, Cora, and Mother) and my two extras were recruited from The Let’s Dub Project.
- The world featured in the “heart” ending will soon be featured in my next game Run-book.
- All of Amy and Cora’s scenes were recorded via a live call between the actors and director.